Safety Tips To Follow During Pipe Fittings
Pipe – fittings involves a considerable amount of risk due to the pressures of the fluid flow, the nature of the gas or liquid flowing through the pipe, exposure to mud, contact with chemicals and the presence of slurries. Expert guidelines on safety must be followed whenever encountering with a pipe to avoid hazards and accidents. Pipe fitting companies are increasingly giving importance to standardized safety hazards and are ensuring that the employees are given maximum protection during the work.
- The chemicals that are employed join PVC pipes and other welded metal pipes and fittings contain harmful fumes. These fumes must not be inhaled at any cost, especially when in a closed environment. As a result, when working with them, the windows and doors must be open to allow air circulation.
- When flexible pipe coupling are fixed by welding, ensure to use the propane shied to protect the flames from spreading to the nearby areas and setting fire to them.
- Whenever working with a solder, do ensure to wear safety equipment to cover your head and eyes. When the solder is made to any joint placed above your head, use extra care. Also, make sure to use a solder that does not contain lead as the lead is poisonous when contrasted with the human body in any form.
- Always prefer to use pipe fittings that are flexible since they provide protection against any gas or pipe leakage. Also, these flexible pipe fittings do not break as easily as the other metal fittings at times of high pressure.
- Also, to ensure that no part of the piping system is tightened, moved or loosened when there is fluid flow inside or when the system is at high pressure.
- If you want to reduce the pressure of the piping system, make sure not to achieve that by loosening any part of the pipe. Adopt alternate methods as any loose part can later result in failure.
- Whenever you are working with loosening or tightening any part of the piping system, always make sure to use a backup wrench to protect from any part mishandling due to high pressure.
- When working with tapered and threaded pipes, make sure to use fittings that have close tolerances and those which fit accurately onto them.
- It is advisable to use double check valve assembly which can stop the backflow of water and protect it from contamination. This is a highly useful safety measure applied in the case of geysers and gaskets mainly.
Whether you are a plumber or you do plumbing yourself in your home or office, do make sure to follow these safety tips with great focus to avoid any unforeseen circumstances.